With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how you and your kids can get into the spirit of the holiday on March 17th! It’s the luckiest day of the year.
One fun way to do this is by creating a memorable leprechaun name for your children or yourself!
But don’t worry if you’re stuck for printable party games because we’ve got you covered with this helpful “What’s Your Leprechaun Name?” printable.
Download and Print the Leprechaun Name Generator
First, you need to simply print and download the “What’s Your Leprechaun Name?” digital files from our shop.
You can grab it for FREE by entering the code “SHAMROCK” at checkout.
How to Create Your Own Leprechaun Name
Start by writing down the last letter of your first name and your birth month. For example, if your name is Sarah and you were born in March, you would write “H” and “March”.
Then, take a look at the “What’s Your Leprechaun Name?” printable to combine the last letter of your first name plus your birth month to create your silly leprechaun name.
In the example mentioned above, Sarah’s leprechaun name would be: Nimble Littleclover
After you’ve created everyone’s leprechaun name, print a set of the included name tags onto sticker paper and cut them out.
I use this vinyl sticker paper because it has UV protectant in it and has a matte finish.
Now everyone can have fun wearing their leprechaun name as they celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
11 Creative Ways to Use Your Newfound Leprechaun Name
1. Create a silly leprechaun dance to your leprechaun name
2. Write secret messages using your leprechaun name as the code
3. Make a lucky charms necklace with beads or coins that spell out your name
4. Make a leprechaun hat using felt or fabric to match your name
5. Create a fun game of leprechaun hide-and-seek
6. Make your own leprechaun trap with a pot of gold using recyclables found around the house to try and catch a leprechaun
7. Make an “Alphabet Leprechaun Name Book” with pictures of you that start with each letter of your leprechaun name
8. Draw a picture of yourself in a funny leprechaun costume
10. Create a story about your leprechaun and what mischief they get into
11. Set up a scavenger hunt around the house or yard
5 Tips for Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with a Twist of Irish Culture
1. Celebrate the traditional colors of Ireland with a twist! Try decorating your home or classroom using the colors green, white and orange to represent peace between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland.
3. Have a traditional Irish ceili (dance party) in the comfort of your own home. Teach everyone a few easy jigs or dances to have some fun together.
4. Learn about the history of St. Patrick’s Day with stories, facts, and trivia games.
5. Sing some traditional Irish songs with your family or friends.
No matter how you choose to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, always remember that it’s a time to embrace Irish culture, get into the spirit of the holiday, and have a little fun!