I love a good salad, and this Asian Sesame Chicken Salad doesn’t disappoint. I could eat this EVERY DAY! I have tried several Asian salads with all different kinds of dressings and ingredients, but this one has by far been the easiest and most flavorful.
I first tried this salad when my Aunt Judy brought it to us right after our second son came home from the NICU. We couldn’t get enough of it, so I asked her for the recipe. The lettuce part is easily adaptable, so if you like cabbage or edamame in your Asian salad feel free to add it. The dressing is really what takes this salad to the next level.
Without further ado, check out the recipe below.
For the chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs)
3-5 Tbs soy sauce
For the dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cilantro leaves
3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
2 Tbs Asian sesame oil
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
pinch of cayenne
For the caramelized almonds:
1 Tbs butter
2/3 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
For the salad:
3 large Romaine hearts, chopped
3 carrots, grated (or buy pre-packaged shredded)
Chow mein noodles
Toasted sesame seeds (McCormick sells them already toasted)
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place chopped chicken into heated skillet with soy sauce.
- Saute chicken until cooked through and place on plate to cool.
- Combine all ingredients into blender and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate dressing while you prepare the salad.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and saute until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and stir until melted and combined.
- Spread on foil to cool and then break apart.
- Toss lettuce, carrots, and chicken with dressing to coat.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, Chow mein noodles, and caramelized almonds.
Hope your family enjoys this Asian Sesame Chicken Salad as much as mine!
Want more easy recipes? Make sure and subscribe in the box below.
32 Tips to a more ORGANIZED HOME >>>
This FREE checklist will encourage you to:
- get organized today
- think about every area of your home as a zone
- create an easy to-do list
[…] you want an easy recipe to add to your dinner rotation, this Asian Sesame Chicken Salad is one of our family’s favorite salads. Don’t skip the crunchy almond topping. It adds a great subtle flavor with the rest of the […]